When your vehicle has sustained damage after an accident, turn to Loewen Body Shop Ltd. for professional collision repair. Our shop offers a complete line of collision repair services, and our professional and experienced team will have your vehicle as good as new and ready for the road in no time.
- Collision repair
- Paintless dent repair
- Hail damage repair
- Dent removal
- Frame repair
- Wheel alignment
Vehicle Repair Process
We are pleased to announce that Loewen Body Shop now offers Direct Repair from MPI. Direct Repair enables customers with eligible claims to proceed directly to a participating repair shop for a vehicle damage estimate after reporting the claim to MPI, instead of attending an MPI Service or Claim Center. Direct Repair streamlines the repair process and can save time by eliminating the need to visit MPI for the first vehicle damage estimate.
- Bring your damaged vehicle to Loewen Body Shop along with your repair estimate from Manitoba Public Insurance. We will review the claim with you and advise you of the repairs that will be taking place.
- Parts will be ordered for your vehicle. Where we can, we use genuine manufacturer parts for precise fit and quality. To learn more about the parts we use, please visit www.mpi.mb.ca. Note: some vehicle parts may take some time to receive; you will be notified of any abnormal delays.
- Your car is assigned to a technician specialized in the repairs required for your vehicle who will disassemble the vehicle and carefully review the estimate. Often additional hidden damage is found at this stage, in which case a supplemental report is written and submitted for approval to MPI.
- Body panels are prepared, installed, primed, sanded, sealed, and protected from corrosion.
- Your vehicle undergoes a multi-step refinishing process using a high-quality, environmentally responsible water-based paint system.
- Final assembly and inspection: your vehicle returns to our skilled technician for final re-assembly and a final quality check is performed.
- When the repairs have been completed, your vehicle is sent to our detailing department to return it to pre-accident cleanliness. You will then be contacted, advising you that your vehicle is ready for you to pick up. Any questions you have will be answered, ensuring that you are 100% satisfied with our quality workmanship that has built lifelong customers.
Paintless Dent Repair
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is a method of removing minor dents from the body of a motor vehicle. A wide range of damage can be repaired using PDR as long as the paint surface is intact. PDR may be used on both aluminum and steel panels. The most common practical use for PDR is the repair of hail damage, door dings, minor creases, large dents, and bodylines damage.
The method can also be utilized to prepare a damaged panel for repainting by minimizing the use of body filler. This technique is currently known as “push to paint” or “push for paint”. This can save insurance companies and consumers thousands of dollars.
Limiting factors for a successful repair using PDR include the flexibility of the paint (most of today’s refined automotive paint finishes allow for successful PDR) and the extent to which the metal has been stretched by the damage, which depends on the thickness of the metal, the curvature or flatness where the damage occurred, and the intensity of the impact. Generally speaking, the shallower the dent, the greater the likelihood of paintless dent repair being a suitable option. Even dents several inches in diameter can be repaired by this method as long as the metal and paint are not stretched. Most experienced technicians can repair a shallow large dent or crease to an acceptable level, but very sharp dents and creases may not be suitable for PDR.
Loewen Body Shop is committed to quality work that lasts for years and stands up to the demands of the road. We guarantee all body and paint repairs to meet industry standards and a warranty against defects due to workmanship or materials for as long as you own your vehicle.
If you need to make a claim for your vehicle, please click here.